- This event has passed.
LEPC General Meeting
October 2, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Local Emergency Planning Committee (LEPC) general meeting.
What is the LEPC?
The LEPC was established under authority of the 1986 the Superfund Amendment and Reauthorization Act (SARA) Title III, the Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act. The LEPC seeks to formulate a partnership between its diverse members to prepare the County to withstand the effects of both natural and man-made disasters including hazardous materials emergencies through planning and exercises.
The LEPC is comprised of dedicated volunteers from City, County and State Governments; local industries and non-governmental organizations; medical facilities; educational facilities; emergency response organizations and members of the community.
The LEPC is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that relies on membership dues and donations to help us sustain our operating costs. We receive no operational, federal, state or local funding. Our organization is comprised of voluntary members of Dona Ana County.
The LEPC serves as the link between citizens, industry, and government in promoting planning, training, education, and professional development of its members in order to enhance programs which encourage the safety and health of the residents of Doña Ana County. These initiatives include conducting educational programs to help the public understand safety risks and community rights.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Attend our monthly meetings.
- Participate on LEPC subcommittees.
- Donate staff time to perform special projects, assist in planning exercises, perform data entry, etc.
- Provide your expertise or resources to the membership.
Your community needs your participation!
Call (575) 647-7900.
- October 2, 2019
8:30 am - 9:30 am
- Event Categories:
- Civic Engagement, Doña Ana County NM, Free, Las Cruces NM, Location - Country, Location - Villages, Towns & Cities, Social Change, Volunteer
- Event Tags:
- Committee, Emergency Planning, LEPC, Nonprofit